Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. R. Bright
Courses I teach:
1st Period: Economics and Personal Finance Honors
2nd Period: Civic Literacy
3rd Period: Economics and Personal Finance
4th Period: Planning
My contact information:
- Most accessible at: firstname.lastname@example.org / 252-946-0858 (school number)
- Brief details about me:
1. I am in my 33rd year of teaching.
2. I have taught in both N.C. and Florida schools
3. I graduated from ECU with a B.S. degree in History and minor in Sociology.
4. I left teaching for 8 years and worked in the private sector in retail management with Dillard's and also owned 2 businesses, one in South Carolina and one here in North Carolina.
- I incorporate the use of "Google Classroom" in my daily lessons, but my students are required to submit only work done by hand for a grade. Students are able to show you what work is assigned on a daily basis by simply clicking on that date and each plan for assigned work prior to that day will be shown. This is beneficial to parents who wish to get involved in the progress of their child and helps students that are not in school that day to be aware of what they are missing.
- I grade assignments quickly and parents who wish to monitor their child's progress and watch for upcoming assignments are encouraged to go to "Power Schools" and do so.
- My greatest advice to you, as a parent, is to become involved in the process and monitor both "Power Schools" and "Google Classroom" activities to help ensure the success of your child.